Archbishop Hebda Announces Year of St. Joseph
As Archbishop Hebda announced in his October 22 column for The Catholic Spirit, the Archdiocese will be observing a Year of St. Joseph, beginning December 8, 2020 (Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception). Archbishop Hebda wrote, “On that date, the Church Universal will be marking the 150th anniversary of Pope Pius IX’s proclamation of St. Joseph as the Patron of the Universal Church. Our hope is that the Year of St. Joseph will be a source of renewal in our local Church, most especially as we continue our preparations for the Synod of 2022.”
The lay faithful are invited to join Archbishop Hebda and Bishop Cozzens in preparing for our Archdiocesan Year of St. Joseph, with a 33-day preparation period, beginning November 6. You can watch video’s for each day by clicking the picture below.
Mass and Archdiocesan Consecration to St. Joseph
Date(s): Tuesday, December 8 (Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception)
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Cathedral of Saint Paul (Also Livestreamed on Facebook)
More Information: Learn More About the Year of St. Joseph
This Mass will joyfully open the Year of St Joseph on December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, patroness of America. Following Mass, Archbishop Hebda will lead the formal Consecration to St Joseph of the Archdiocese.
COVID-19 protocols will be observed for those in attendance, and the event will be livestreamed.
The lay faithful are invited to join Archbishop Hebda and Bishop Cozzens in preparing for our Archdiocesan Year of St. Joseph, with a 33-day preparation period, which began Friday, November 6.
- Looking for other times to begin the consecration process? See this list.
- Learn more about Consecration to St. Joseph.
- Purchase the book by Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC, Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of our Spiritual Father.
- Purchase at a local Catholic bookstore, such as Leaflet Missal, St Patrick’s Guild, St George Books & Gifts, Divine Inspirations Books & Gifts, and Holy Cross Books & Gifts.
- Order online.
- Find Spanish language resources.