God has given us many gifts and He calls us to share these gifts to create a better community and a better world. Whether your gifts are financial in nature, giving of your time or your talents, there are many ministries here at St. Joseph's that will welcome your contributions! During this difficult time St. Joseph of the Lakes is here for you and our community. Learn more about giving today.
- Mar 29 2020 8:00 am - All Events, Programs & Meetings Cancelled until March 30
- Mar 30 2020 8:00 am - All Events, Programs & Meetings Cancelled until March 30
- Apr 1 2020 9:30 am - Family Playtime
From the Desk of Fr. Mike
Posted in From the Desk of Fr. Mike on 03/09/20
“Now we are seeing a dim reflection in a mirror; but then we shall ... Read More »
Posted in From the Desk of Fr. Mike on 02/24/20
I thought this was a fun little article about Lent. It is from: ThoughtCo. ... Read More »
Posted in From the Desk of Fr. Mike on 02/18/20
If you choose you can keep the commandments, they will save you;if you trust ... Read More »
Watch This Weekend's Mass Here
We miss our parishioners and know that this is not the same, but we held Mass and recorded it for the Fifth Sunday of Lent.
Click the picture of St. Joe's below to view Mass and know we miss all of our parishioners and the ability to join in and celebrate together. For the time being - prayers and blessings for all as we celebrate!
Other Ways to Watch Mass this Weekend
- Diocese of St. Cloud: Sundays, 11 a.m. on KSTC-TV/45
- St. Olaf, Minneapolis: MCN Cable Channel 6, Sundays at 8 p.m. and Mondays at 10 a.m.
- EWTN: Check local cable/satellite schedule
- Relevant Radio 1330am: Sundays, 9 a.m.
- EWTN: ewtn.com/radio/listen-live
In the meantime the Archbishop is asking us all to participate in the Litany in Time of Need. Written locally, the Litany will be beamed out nationally on the radio via Relevant Radio STARTING on March 19 at around 11:05 am daily. Please tune in to station 1330AM. We ask that you pause and join in this prayer.
You can download the Litany in Time of Need here http://online.flipbuilder.com/tvlw/wqee/
Current Cancellations at St. Joseph of the Lakes
Here is a list of currently cancelled programs and events at St. Joe's. We will try to update this list as soon as we have information.
- Faith Formation Small Groups and Joe’s Diner are cancelled for the rest of this Faith Formation year.
- Lenten Scripture Study on Monday, March 30 & April 6
- Soup Supper on Tuesday, March 31
- Ivy Cavegn’s Presentation on the Prophets – This presentation will be rescheduled at a later date
- Family Playtime for Wednesday, April 1 & 8
- Men’s Group & KC’s Fish Dinner on Friday, March 27
- Stations of the Cross on Friday, March 27, April 3 and April 10
- CCW card making event on Tuesday, April 14
- The in person Archdiocesan Men's Conference was cancelled, but they are teaming up with Metanoia Catholic and Just a Guy in the Pew Ministries along with many men's conference speakers in creating the Virtual Catholic Men's Conference beginning April 3 and there's also a Women's Catholic Conference! Here the link for both : https://www.virtualcatholicconference.com/
VBC Registration Now Open!
June 15—19, 2020 from 9am to 12pm >>Register Today!
THE BEST WEEK OF SUMMER! Rocky Railway is a faith-filled adventure where kids discover Jesus' power can pull them through life's ups and downs! Climb aboard for mountains of fun at Rocky Railway - click here to learn more about this faith-filled week!
SPACE IS LIMITED! REGISTER BEFORE MAY 22 to receive a FREE ROCKY RAILWAY MUSIC CD (one per family)! VBC Participants Register HERE!
St. Joe's Elementary School Activities for Kids
First Activity - Create a Prayer Space at home using some items from around the house and to draw some "happy" artwork that reminds us to rejoice and be thankful. The Prayer Space can be a small space in any room that is designated for prayer--remember, prayer comes in a variety of forms! A shoe box or brown paper bag might be helpful to keep the items together. I plan to keep the activities simple but hopefully they will occupy your kids for a little while and have them think about their Faith and God's love for us!
Hey Kids! Let's get started!
Faith Forming Kids Activity #2:
- For the Younger Kids: Watch Brother Francis Video-Let's Learn About Lent (about 10 min)
- For the Older Kids: Watch Ryan Defrates Secret Agent--Exploding Hot Sauce. (about 25 min)
- For All Kids: Brother Francis--He is Risen! The Power of the Resurrection. (about 30 min)
The videos listed above will require help from you to get things started with a free St. Joe's subscription to FORMED. As a parishioner at St. Joe's, everyone receives a free subscription to FORMED.
FORMED is a catholic website that has videos, prayer, and thousands of resources for home use. St. Joe's has an account and the service is free for all parishioners. There is a "kids" section that includes some great video shorts--Brother Francis is one of my favorites.
To begin, go to: formed.org
- If you are new, go to “sign up.”
- Choose “I belong to a parish organization" and click “next.”
- CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT: Find your parish (type in St. Joseph Church 171 Elm Street, Lino Lakes)
- Click on our parish name and go to “next.”
- Type in your name and email address and click on “sign up” and you are enrolled!
- To re-enter, go to “Sign in” at the top right and follow prompts.
St. Joe's Activities for Grades 7-10
During this time when we are unable to meet together we are creating videos and activities for 7th through 10th Grade during this time and links to these videos will be sent to parent email addresses and by clicking the links below.
We hope this helps everyone to feel connected during this time of social distancing!
At this time Weekend and Daily Masses are cancelled through Friday, April 10, 2020. We are recording weekend Masses and will post them here on the website on Saturdays at 5:00 pm. We hope you join us here!
Weekend Mass Schedule
5:00 pm Saturday
8:30 and 10:00 am Sunday
Daily Mass Schedule
Mon: Word and Communion 8:30am
Tues: Mass 6:30 pm
Wed: Mass 8:30 am
Thurs: Mass 8:30 am
1st Thurs of the month: Mass 6:30 pm
Fri: Mass 8:30 am
NOTE: To View the Bulletin
There is a known bug in Microsoft IE and Edge browsers. Please use Chrome or Firefox to view our bulletins.
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm