St. Joseph of the Lakes is committed to providing a variety of formation programs and events to support parents/adults and children in their life long faith development. Children enrolled in Faith Formation programs experience Christ in each other and learn firsthand what it means to be part of a vibrant faith community that is a prophetic presence in our community and in the world. We are committed to supporting adults, children and teens at all stages of their lifelong faith journey. We strive to build a strong partnership with parents as they live out their role as the primary faith formers of their children.
Registration for the 2019-2020 Faith Formation program ended on Monday, September 23, 2019.
Please contact the Faith Formation staff of the program you would like your child to be registered.
- 3 year olds- Kindergarten - contact Amy Ward at [email protected]
- Grades 1 - 6 - contact Kelly Thurmes at [email protected]
- Grades 7 - 10 - contact Gizzy Miko at [email protected]
- or call the parish office at 651-784-3015 and ask to speak to the appropriate Faith Formation Staff.
Please refer to and/or make a copy of the Faith Formation Family Handbook.
Dear St. Joseph of the Lakes Faith Formation Families,
With all the concerns about Coronavirus and providing a safe and healthy community for us to worship and to meet as a faith community we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are following all of the recommendations from the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
We are holding Faith Formation small groups as scheduled, however on March 16 & 18 there is a large number of friends pre-registered for the bring a friend night and to limit the number of people gathering we have decided to cancel bringing a friend for the evening.
At this time, we are recommending that we all follow good hygiene habits set forth by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses such as Coronavirus, flu, and the common cold.
This situation of the outbreak continues to evolve we are keeping in touch with the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health and are following the guidelines set forth for public spaces.
Please monitor our parish website at www.mystjoes.me and our Facebook page for prayer intentions, news and event updates.
Father Michael Anderson, Staff and Parish Leadership
St. Joseph of the Lakes
An essential part of our programming is to provide parents, children and teens opportunities to live out the justice and charity challenges of our Catholic faith. The following are some of these outreach experiences:
- Summer mission trips for middle and high school teens
- Encourage all young people and adults to bring food items to church each Sunday for the Centennial Food Shelf
- Trick-or-Canning fall teen food collection for the Centennial Food Shelf
- Financial support of four children living in Dorie's Promise orphanage in Guatemala
- Participation in the 'shoebox' collection for children at St. Joseph's Home, in the collection of baby clothes and other items for Dorie's Promise in Guatemala and in the purchase of toys for the children of White Earth Reservation
- Packing food for Feed My Starving Children
- Lending a helping hand at Loaves & Fishes and St. Joe's Fair Trade Markets
Please contact the parish office at (651) 784-3015 for more information.
Volunteers Needed for Faith Formation
We are still looking for many volunteer Catechists and Assistants for all Grade levels as well as our Time Travelers program on Sunday mornings. There is a tuition reimbursement for those who volunteer. Please contact the staff listed below if a ministry calls to you!
- Kelly Thurmes: Elementary Faith Formation Grades 1-6
- Gizzy Miko: Middle School and High School Faith Formation Grades 7-10
- Amy Ward: Early Childhood Sunday Program - Ages 3 through Kindergarten