St. Joseph of the Lakes is committed to providing a variety of formation programs and events to support parents/adults and children in their life long faith development. Children enrolled in Faith Formation programs experience Christ in each other and learn firsthand what it means to be part of a vibrant faith community that is a prophetic presence in our community and in the world. We are committed to supporting adults, children and teens at all stages of their lifelong faith journey. We strive to build a strong partnership with parents as they live out their role as the primary faith formers of their children.
Here is our staff for the 2023/2024 Faith Formation program year:
- Sara Knoll will be coordinating the Elementary and Middle School programs for this year. Sara led our Vacation Bible School program that was very successful.
- Sarah Ray is the new Faith Formation Director and is coordinating the Confirmation program.
- Amy Ward will continue in her role for the Pre-K/Kindergarten program and Time Travelers program. She'll also be taking on the Baptism preparation program.
The Faith Formation Commission, Sara, the new staff member, and Amy will need additional volunteers to assist with various activities to support the program, including:
- Catechist (leaders and assistants) for all grade levels
- God Squad (assist with safety and support during Wednesday Faith Formation)
- Weekly curriculum material preparation
- Office assistance on Wednesday night
- Support and chaperones for retreats and events
- Joe's Diner volunteers
We are proud of the Faith Formation program at St. Joe's, thankful for our staff, and hopeful that we'll continue to have the volunteers needed to continue to support the program. If you have questions about the program or are interested in volunteering, please reach out to our Director of Faith Formation, Sarah Ray at [email protected].
Thank you, Father Mike and the Faith Formation Commission
- 3 year olds- Kindergarten - contact Amy Ward at [email protected]
- Grades 1 - 8 - contact Sara Knoll with any questions at [email protected]
- Grades 9 - 10 - contact Sarah Ray with any questions at [email protected]
- Adult & Family - contact Sarah Ray with any questions at [email protected]
Registration For 2023/2024 Program
Register members of your family for the upcoming Faith Formation year at St. Joseph of the Lakes. Classes are for children, youth and young adults ages 3 and above. Click the appropriate link below to register your child/ren.
We highly encourage families to register for faith formation classes by September 1! Starting on September 2, registration fees increase by $50 per child, and names are placed on a waiting list. If faith formation registration fees present a hardship for your family, please call the Parish Office at 651.784.3015 to learn about scholarships.
Once you have finished registering for the 2023/2023 faith formation year click the button below to pay online and make sure to use the line for faith formation registration fees.