Becoming a Prophetic Voice in our Community and the World
If you have questions or wish to get involved in one of these ministries, call Denise Walsh in the parish office at 651-784-3015.
- Loaves and Fishes – 50 parishioners prepare and serve a meal at St. Mathews in St. Paul, 3rd Tuesdays of the month
- Meals on Wheels – 12 parishioners deliver 90-100 warm meals weekly to area homes
- Centennial Food Shelf – 20 parishioners help stock and work the food shelf the 4th week of month
- Annual backpack collection for Anoka County Family services
- Sunday Mass collection of non-perishable food items for the Centennial Food Shelf
- Sponsorship and financial support of four children from Dorie's Promise Orphanage in Guatemala
- Christmas Giving Tree providing gifts to 30-40 area needy families
- Summer time Knights of Columbus collection of food items for the food shelf
- Youth and family participation in the Christmas 'shoebox' collection for St. Joseph's Home for Children
- Support of outreach to the White Earth Indian Reservation with Christmas toys, clothing, bedding, towels, etc.
- Fair Trade events each year that sell crafts and products that improve the economic and social well-being of individuals and co-ops in third world countries. The Markets also provide a variety of justice education and action steps.
Building Relationships Beyond Our Parish
- Sponsorship and financial support of four children from Dorie's Promise orphanage in Guatemala. We are also committed to sending a mission group to Guatemala every other year.
- Support of the Forest Lake Life Care Center through a yearly baby bottle coin collection and baby shower. Their mission is to provide education and support services to young, pregnant woman.
- Support to organizations through our Fund For the Poor collection:
- Community Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP)
- Manna Market – supporting Sonlight Church and their providing fresh produce to people in our area
- Meals on Wheels
- The White Earth Indian Reservation partnership with St. Benedict’s parish and the Assembly of God parish.
- Feed My Starving Children; Dori’s Promise Orphanage in Guatemala
- Support for Stepping Stones Emergency Housing and Hope 4 Youth.