Contact: Barb Uschold Anderson at (651) 784-3015 ext. 112 or at [email protected]
Pastoral Care has at its source, Jesus Christ. It is loving and caring for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the community. Throughout life, we encounter joys & triumphs and we also face sickness, and burdens that are difficult to carry alone. Pastoral Care provides parishioners assistance in partaking in the joys and challenges of life by sharing the love of Jesus, offering healing, hope, prayer, and compassion. The dignity and beauty of the human person comes from the fact of the Incarnation of God in the person of Christ. St. Joseph of the Lakes Catholic Church has a variety of ministries that support the diverse needs of parishioners and offer opportunities for community members to be a compassionate presence to others.
- Homebound & Hospital Ministry - St. Joseph of the Lakes has a group of dedicated parishioners who will visit persons in need of a listening ear and an open heart.
- Anointing of the Sick - Please contact Barb if you or your loved one would like to celebrate the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick.
- Parish Nurse Ministry - Our Parish Nurse Minister is an R.N. who assists parishioners both in their homes and at church.
- Senior Ministry - Seniors are a vital part of our parish community and we are committed to providing activities that enrich them socially, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Grief Ministry - Providing support with in a caring environment to those who have lost a loved one.
- Prayer & Spirituality - Opportunities for sharing prayer requests, receiving or making a prayer shawl, participating in Centering Prayer, or Women’s reflection retreats.
- Prison Ministry - Offering prayers and support for those incarcerated.
Our parish can be a wonderful resource when you find yourself in need. Barb Uschold Anderson, our Director of Pastoral Care is available to provide assistance in accessing mental health care, food and housing assistance, and spiritual care. Here is a list of community resources you may want to be aware of and share with family and friends. Barb can be contacted at 651-784-3015 x112.
Contact/support Numbers for Mental Health/Cope with Stress & Grief -Some support numbers to connect with include:
- Mental Health Helpline: 1-800-862-1799 |[email protected]
- COVID Cares Support Services-9am to 9pmwww.mnpsychchsoc.org/covid-care-schedule.html
- Disaster Distress Hotline, call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline-800-273-8255.
- Domestic/Elder/Sexual Violence 24hr Helpline: Alexandra House 763-780-2330 www.alexandrahouse.org
- Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) provides a toll-free number, 1-844-880-1574
- Minnesota Senior LinkAge Line—resource for elders, caregivers, etc.. 1-800-333-2433
- Fare for All https://fareforall.org(OPEN to ALL!! no ID/proof of need required) Upcoming dates, check website for additional times/locations:
- February 18 3-5pm at Christ Lutheran- 641 89th Ave NE Blaine, MN 55434
- February 23 3-5 at Real Life Church, 2353 Chatsworth St N Roseville, MN 55113
- March 25th 4-6pm at Zion Lutheran- 1601 4th Ave Anoka, MN 55303
- Ruby's Pantry https://www.rubyspantry.org/about-us (for ANYONE who eats!)
- Arden Hills- 2ndSaturday of the month 1700 Hwy 96 W, Arden Hills, MN 55112 Registration begins at 8:30 AM Hosted by North Heights Lutheran Church
- Forest Lake-3rd Saturday of Month 1790 11th St SE, Forest Lake, MN 55025 Registration begins at 7:30 AM Hosted by Forest Hills Church
- Manna Market 8299 Central Ave NE Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
- Food Pick up Times: Mondays | 4pm - 6pm, Thursdays | 4pm - 6pm, Fridays | 4pm - 6pm, Saturdays | 10am - 11:30am Hosted by Substance Church
- Centennial Food Shelf Circle Pines City Hall Building Lower Level, Back Entrance 200 Civic Heights Circle Pines, MN 55014 Monday and Thursday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program Information on eligibility for assistance with housing payments due to COVID-19. Information avialable by calling 2-1-1 or 1-800-543-7709 | www.211unitedway.org | Text MNRENT or MNHOME to 898211